- Stock Panels
- Panels come in one foot increments from 1' to 10' wide, and in heights of 4' and 5'. View panel sizes
- Security to the Max
- Our unique wire partition cage design prevents access to all hardware from the secure side of the holding cell enclosure. Heavy duty options are available for facilities requiring enhanced security.
- Utilize Existing Systems
- Our open but secure design allows free circulation of existing lighting, HVAC, and fire suppression systems throughout the holding cell.
Temporary Holding Cells
WireCrafters Style 840 partition system is used to build prisoner holding cells in correctional and detention centers across the country. Our Style 840 Holding Cells are designed for supervised temporary confinement while prisoners are being processed or detained for a short period of time. Because of the versatility of our wire partition system, the strong wire partition panels can be configured to meet facility needs utilizing our standard parts.
Holding Cell Doors & Ceilings
A hinged door with a secure lock device keeps detainees and prisoners in the holding cell. Ceiling panels constructed of the same material completes the holding cell, and our unique design prevents access to all hardware from the secure side of the holding cell enclosure. The wire partition holding cell system installs quickly with standard hand tools using heavy 3/8" assembly hardware. Our open but secure design allows free circulation of existing lighting, HVAC, and fire suppression systems throughout the holding cell. Heavy duty options are available for facilities requiring enhanced security.
Our unique design prevents access to all hardware from the secure side of the holding cell.
Holding Cell Lock Details
WireCrafters standard mortise cylinder lock, a self-locking device with a spring action tongue, can be used in this application. We also offer an institutional high security dead latch lock. Top and bottom slide bolts may also be added to the door. Customer specified locks may be integrated into the system as well. Review our custom locks section to see some examples of locks we integrated into our system.
Benches & Seating
Anchorable 11-gauge steel benches may be added to the cell or purchased separately.
- Seat: formed 11 gauge sheet metal, 13" wide.
- (optional cuff rail adds 4" to seat width)
- Legs: Pedestal-style, welded 2" x 2" x 14-gauge steel.
- Mounting Plates: 4" x 9" base plates with four 3/8" anchors.
- Lengths: 4'-0", 6'-0", and 8'-0". Corner units available.
- Options: Seat width, bench length, mounting brackets, cuff rail.
A 1" diameter steel pipe may be added to the bench for prisoner lockdown. The pipe is securely welded on both ends and centered 2 1/2" from the face side of the bench. If the full-length rail is not desired, single forged steel eyelets can be placed at customer specified positions along the face of the bench.
Free design and layout assistance is available. Call 800-924-9473
- Twenty standard sized panels 4'-0" or 5'-0" high, by 1'-0" to 10'-0" wide.
- Stack two or more panels between posts to reach wall height.
- Standard size panels work in ceilings and walls.
- Custom size panels and special heights available.
- Hinged, double hinged, sliding, and vertical rise doors available.
- Sliding doors have patented tamper resistant latch mechanism.
- Angle frame design gives installer clear access to hardware, speeding installation.
- Assembly hardware is inaccessible from the secured side of the partition.
- Standard 3/8" mounting hardware is the heaviest in the industry.
- Heavy duty options available.
- Panels may be ordered with any mesh, expanded metal, sheet metal, or clear Lexan.
Woven Wire PanelsTen widths, 1' to 10' in one-foot increments. Standard panel height is 4'-0". Full height partition walls are built by stacking two panels between posts. Mesh: 10-gauge wire woven into 2" x 1" rectangular openings. Frame 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/8" steel angle. Custom sized panels are available. Alternate meshes are also available.
PanelsShall be 10gauge steel wire crimped and woven in to 2" x 1" opening rectangular mesh, securely welded into a frame of 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/8" steel angle factory punched with 7/8" x 7/16" slotted holes to accept 3/8" mounting hardware. Panels four to six feet wide shall have one 1/4" x 3/4" flat stiffener, wider panels receive two 1/4" x 3/4" stiffeners. All panels shall be fastened to posts with 3/8" x 3" plated bolts and nuts.
Hinged DoorsShall be constructed of the same materials as the panels with two 1/4" x 3/4" horizontal stiffeners across the width, and two diagonal 1/4" x 3/4" stiffeners from center to the corner. Hinged doors shall be equipped with padlock lugs (cylinder lock optional), three 4" x 4" spun pin hinges, and pick plate/slam bar assembly.
Sliding DoorsShall be constructed of the same materials as the panels with two 1/4" x 3/4" horizontal stiffeners across the width, and two vertical 1/4" x 3/4" stiffeners from center to top or bottom. Sliding doors shall be equipped with two 4 wheel trolley trucks, 1 7/8" x 2 3/8" door track, pad lock lugs (cylinder lock optional), and door keeper assembly.
PostsShall be made of 2" x 2" x 14 gauge steel tubing. Base plates of 2" x 7" x 1/4" steel flat with two 7/16" round holes for anchoring, shall be welded to each tube. Posts are factory drilled with 1/2" holes to accept hardware for mounting panels.
HardwareShall be 3/8" standard thread grade two plated nuts and bolts. Floor anchors are 3/8" wedge type-provided.
FinishNon-plated parts receive one coat of gray acrylic enamel. Touch up paint included with each shipment. View other available finish options, including powder coat & custom colors.