U of L Capstone Project | Mondays With Milt
This week, Milt talks with Tony, an alumnus of the UofL Engineering Speed School. Tony and his other classmates completed their Capstone project with Erik Johnson, our Innovation Manager.
- We're not telling what we did. Welcome to another episode of Mondays With Milt. Now, today I'm with Tony. He's a University of Louisville student, been working on the Capstone Projects with us.
What is the UoL Capstone Project?
- When an engineering student nears the end of his term at U of L, you sign up for a class, which is the Capstone Design class, and you are presented with a choice of projects and then, once you just, or choose a project, then you work with the company that is sponsoring the project to help them with a design activity or an engineering problem. Gambled it all and put all of our points on WireCrafters, and, fortunately, we got our choice. So we were thrilled.
- Okay and at the end, they have a competition where the 10 different groups have to demonstrate what they've done. And I understand it went quite well for you guys.
- Yeah, it went much better than imagined. Erik helped us out a lot and all of the guys at WireCrafters, they helped get a demonstration painted and assembled and working perfectly, and we were able to display it and give our presentation and we ended up taking first place in the design competition.
- And that, you know, that means a lot for us. We can use that, you know, for our future, to showcase that, and also I think that it ended up well for WireCrafters.
- Absolutely, so we had a little engineering going with our slide doors, and I can't go into detail about that, but you guys came up with a pretty creative solution. So we'll be introducing that, probably, at some time a little later on down the road. So now you're an alumni of the University of Louisville.
- Yeah, it's amazing that time flies, I guess. It's time to move on and--
- Do you have a job lined up at this point?
- No, I'm still looking, but it seems pretty easy with such a well known degree and school. I don't think I'll have any problems.
- No you shouldn't.
- All right, well, Tony, thank you very much for joining us, and we'll see you next week on another episode of Mondays With Milt.
About Mondays With Milt
Mondays With Milt is a weekly series hosted by our Company President, Milt Tandy. Milt travels to different areas of the shop, his home, and occasionally out of state. He brings fun and a lot of product knowledge! Subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow us on our other social media channels to see more of Milt!