Employee engagement is a huge topic these days and is the foundation for building great company culture. They go hand-in-hand. When your employees are engaged at work, culture is consistent and becomes better over time. On the other hand, if your employees are not engaged at work, they will hop from job to job until they find what they’re looking for.
Here at WireCrafters, we pride ourselves on having pretty outstanding engagement levels and culture. We take the motto "work hard, play hard" to heart, but it's our coworkers who make every day special. You can get to know them through our Employee Spotlight blogs! Below is everything that makes WireCrafters a fun and rewarding place to work.
Monday's With Milt
If you follow us on YouTube or like us on Facebook, you've probably kept up with the episodes. Some of our favorite episodes are when Milt talks about selling wire partitions while tubing, Milt talking about wire partitions and tool cribs while riding a roller coaster, and when Milt traveled with special guests. In between all the fun videos mentioned above, we also feature more informational videos that display our processes and products like our laser cutting capabilities and our custom lock solutions.
Milt would love your suggestions on where to film another episode. Get creative and message us on Facebook or send an email to email@example.com and stay tuned to see if your suggestion makes the cut.
Our last company picnic was on October 19th. If you missed it, we went live on Facebook to show you some behind the scenes action. Earlier that day, Head Coach of Bellarmine men's basketball, Scott Davenport, came out and gave a wonderfully motivating speech. His message was to never delay gratitude and to always say thank you. We look forward to finding more ways to implement that ideal in our day-to-day activities.
We don't just set time aside to bring in speakers and eat good food, we also reward our employees! We give out service awards to celebrate work anniversaries and draw for safety and quality awards that go to the department with the least amount of injuries and the highest level of quality throughout the warehouse respectively.
Lastly, but most importantly, our values are what make this company a rewarding and successful company. We value:
- Being Customer Focused: we actively listen to our customers' needs and create solutions to maximize their satisfaction.
- Employee Commitment: we value an environment of communication, diversity, and consistent interpretation of company policies. We strive to create a superior work environment with respect to safety, competitive wages and benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
- Being Open Minded: we encourage and invite new, creative ideas while acting with a flexible team-based "can-do" attitude.
- Integrity: we are environmentally conscious and ethical in all dealings. We build trust and respect with our customers, associates, and suppliers.
- Being Quality Minded: we are dedicated to high standards of personal accountability and we focus on continuous improvement.
Our Mission Statement is the foundation of our culture and molds our day-to-day activities:
WireCrafters provides our customers with creative solutions for their safety, security, and storage needs while meeting commitments with exceptional quality by people who care.
We wanted to highlight these things so you can get to know us even more. Now that you know us and trust us, let's do business. We're a world-class wire partition manufacturing company with local roots. We'd love to work with you and create custom solutions for your needs.