- STOCK PANELS
- Stock panels are available in both 5' (actual system height including posts is 5'-3 1/4") and 8' (actual system height including posts is 8'-5 1/4") heights with a variety of stock widths. View stock panels
- CUSTOM CONFIGURATIONS
- WireCrafters® can tailor-make a machine guarding system that meets your needs and conforms to OSHA and ANSI/RIA safety standards. (OSHA and ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012)
- VARIETY OF OPTIONS
- Panels may be ordered in alternate woven and welded mesh options, expanded metal, sheet metal, or clear polycarbonate machine guarding panels.
- 48 HOUR QUICK SHIPPING
- Our strategically positioned stocking facilities in Sparks, NV and Philadelphia, PA allows us to quick ship stocked items within 48 hours or less of your order. Standard Guard Systems are only available for quick shipment in standard sizes and coated in our dark gray paint.
- MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- Everything we manufacture is made with pride in Louisville, KY U.S.A.
Versatile, Economical, Safe
Machine Guarding Systems from WireCrafters® are a simple, effective way to protect personnel from the dangers posed by automated equipment. These barriers are a strong and economical solution to plant safety needs. Versatility of this system allows easy integration of access doors or larger openings with system controls.
Machine Guarding also doubles as a safety net by containing malfunctioning equipment. Welded and woven wire mesh is extremely resilient; it resists dings, retains its shape, and is virtually maintenance free.
These fully-framed woven wire or welded wire mesh panels bolt to posts forming a strong, secure barrier around dangerous automated equipment. Unlike high-tech light curtains and switch mats that are subject to electrical malfunctions, these safety systems are always on guard.
Woven + Welded Wire Mesh Machine Guarding
WireCrafters® offers both woven and welded wire mesh machine guarding and perimeter guarding systems to protect and separate property, equipment, and personnel. WireCrafters® Machine Guarding Systems (or commonly referred to as Physical Barriers) are available in 5', 8', 10' and 12' or any height you require.
By the nature of its woven wire or welded wire design, WireCrafters® guarding systems provide an unparalleled level of safety and security. The traditional woven wire mesh machine guarding systems are constructed of a 10 GA wire, woven into a 2" x 1" rectangular mesh. This heavy mesh is welded inside a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" x 1/8" angle frame.
A more modern welded wire machine guarding system called RapidWireHD™ features a 10 GA welded wire design and is constructed in a 1 1/4" x 2 1/2" rectangular pattern. The sturdy welded mesh is surrounded by a 13 GA rolled formed angle frame. RapidWireHD™ is also available in a 2"x2" welded mesh square pattern.
Alternate Machine Guarding Systems
Polycarbonate Machine Guarding Panels
Commonly woven and welded wire mesh machine guarding systems require solid partitions to be integrated into the systems design. WireCrafters® stocks solid sheet metal in 16 GA panels as well as 1/4" Polycarbonate panels to complete your design. Expanded metal and stainless steel panels are also available for machine guarding.
Commonly found in weld cells, robotic cells, press break equipment stations, laser cutting operation areas, metal stamping and folding areas, and punching stations, Machine Guarding, Area Guarding and Perimeter Guarding has hundreds, if not thousands of possible applications. Contact a knowledgeable dealer in your area to help define your machine guarding needs.
OSHA + ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012 Compliant
As the safeguarding standards for personnel and equipment continues to tighten WireCrafters® exists to mitigate the potential workplace hazards with improved machine guarding and physical barrier systems. We strive to be OSHA and ANSI/RIA complaint in all of our products.
Easily Customizable + Configurable
WireCrafters® machine guarding and perimeter guarding system utilize a modular wire mesh panel design which allows for multiple combinations of standard parts to meet your specific space and guarding requirements. We offer a full line of special colors and accessories such as hinged doors, sliding doors, lift out panels and locking latches to integrate with your machine guarding system.
The welded wire's straight lines and inherent strength of either the woven or welded wire provide a strong, modern looking guard to complement your facility and equipment. WireCrafters® stocks a variety of meshes to meet requirements for heavy, medium, or light duty jobs.
WireCrafters® can tailor-make a guarding system that meets your rigorous safety standards.
RapidWire HD™, with its modular design, can be installed in 20% to 25% less time when compared to competing products. RapidWire HD™ is simple to plan, and easy to install.
Magnetic Latch Handle
- Standard height of 5'-3 1/4" with 0'-3 1/4" sweep & 8'-5 1/4" with 0'-3 1/4" sweep.
- Custom size panels and special heights available.
- Fully framed panel adds strength and stability unequaled in the industry.
- Hinged, double hinged, sliding and vertical rise doors available.
- Angle frame design gives installer clear access to hardware, speeding installation.
- Assembly hardware is inaccessible from the secured side of the guarding.
- All hardware including anchors included.
- Standard 3/8" mounting hardware is the heaviest in the industry.
- Panels may be ordered in alternate woven and welded mesh options, expanded metal, sheet metal, or clear polycarbonate.
- Safety Interlocks available with mounting plates.
Woven Wire PanelsTen widths, 1' to 10' in one-foot increments. Standard panel height is 5'-0". Mesh: 10 GA wire woven into 2" x 1" rectangular openings. Frame 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/8" steel angle. Custom sized panels are available. Alternate meshes are also available.
RapidWire HD™ Welded PanelsFrame: 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" 13 GA roll formed angle. Fabrication: Mesh is securely welded to frame with flat steel stiffeners welded to frame behind mesh panels longer than 3'-6". Maximum panel size of 10' x 5'.
Hinged Doors3' or 4' wide by 5'-0" high opening. Two 4" x 4" 10 GA tight pin hinges. Padlock lugs are standard, however other locks are available. Ships with two door posts and hardware. Universal construction, works for left or right hand, inside or outside swing.
Double-Hinged Doors6' or 8' wide by 5'-0" high opening. Inactive leaf secured by cane bolt (base). Padlock lugs are standard, however other locks are available. Ships with two door posts and hardware. Custom doors available.
Sliding Doors3', 4', 5', 6', 8', or 10' widths. Full height partition openings of 8'. Padlock lugs are standard, however other locks are available. Ships with two door posts, two 4-wheel trolley trucks, 16 GA track, and all hardware. Universal construction, works for left or right hand, inside or outside swing. Custom sizes are available.
PostsStock size is 5'-3 1/4". Standard hole layout allows for 0'-3 1/4" sweep space. Posts flush to top of panel. Standard Baseplate: 4" x 9" with holes for anchors. 3/8" floor anchors are included with your order. Stock size is 8'-5 1/4". Standard hole layout allows for 3 1/4" sweep space. Posts project 2" above top of panel. Standard Baseplate: 2" x 7" with holes for anchors. 3/8" floor anchors are included with your order.
FinishPowder Coated Finish. View available Color Options