Job Opening – 3rd Shift Mig Welder
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Read and interpret standard production drawings and job specifications.
- Weld metal components together into various size metal panels.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Grind off excess weld and/or rough spots using portable grinders.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Assure that all materials and supplies are available as needed in order to promote maximum efficiency for each work process and meet set productivity goals each day.
- Detect and notify supervisor of faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Manufacturing facility/ warehouse environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Non-temperature regulated facility.
- Constant material transport via fork lift throughout facility.
- 10 hour work days – 4 days per week (Monday – Thursday).
- Mandatory overtime depending on operation schedule.
- Work alone or with other co-workers.
- Steady pace with set productivity goals to be met each day.
- Constant standing, bending, and stooping.
- Frequent reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Exerting 50 lbs to 60 lbs of force occasionally, and/or 20 lbs to 50 lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequent precisely coordinated movements of the fingers and hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble components.
Machines, Tools, Equipment
- Mig Welder
- Hand Drill
- Standard Measuring Tape
- Other Various Hand Tools
- Personal Protective Equipment
Skills & Knowledge
- Mig welding experience preferred but not required.
- Able to read standard tape measure.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math calculations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- High School Diploma or GED
10 Hour Work Schedule
3rd Shift…Monday through Thursday, 8:15pm to 6:45am. Mandatory overtime as needed.
Medical-Vision-Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Sick-Holidays, 401K Plan & More!
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Please stop by our office to fill out an application.
6208 Strawberry Lane
Louisville, KY 40214-2900